Monday, October 27, 2008

Owls are the coolest




[CLICK ON IMAGE to see it a bit bigger]

I have always loved owls since I was a teeny girl. I sketch them when I am in meetings at work, I've collected many a necklace with an owl pendant through the years, I have a few figurines I've picked up at flea markets scattered around the house, I even have a hoodie with owls all over it (thanks Mom). I secretly dream of being invited to a “dress as your favorite animal” party so I can make an owl costume. So I thought it fitting that my first post should be with an oil painting from a series that I'm currently working on. I think he's good luck.

4 comments:

p i z z a . p a r a d i s e ! said...

Owls ARE the coolest!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello- I bounced to your blog by way of Merriment...your paintings are phenomenal. Surprising question for you: Did you by any chance go to Shepherd College in the mid-90's? I graduated from there with a BFA in Design & Printmaking in '96- your name is so familiar, and some of your posts reference WV, so I thought I'd ask!

inspiredbyeverything said...

Megan! Yes, yes. I'm gonna message you on Facebook. Thanks for the feedback. Stay tuned...

Anonymous said...

heather I LOVE that owl painting. just gorgeous. have you done more? ..what a beautiful site :)